It is all so clear now...now I completely understand why my sister-in-law Tiffany has seen Wicked, the musical, three times in three different cities. It's fantastic! I can't stop thinking about it since attending the Broadway show on Friday night. It was not only entertaining and very very clever, but also contained several subtle messages...at least in my mind! Here are a few of them:
1. Never judge a person's heart based on their appearance
2. Sometimes the people who want you to know they are "good" are not what they appear; often these people are selfish in actuality
3. Be faithful
4. Give everyone a chance at friendship
5. Being mean never does any good
6. Be kind to animals
7. Diversity is a good thing
8. Don't underestimate yourself or your capabilities
9. Do the best you can with what you've been given (this applies to appearance, talents, etc.)
10. Thrusting people (or Munchkins) into "categories" that make them feel subserviant or lesser in any way does not enhance society, but rather breaks it apart over time.
For those of you who haven't seen it, make a trip to NY, Chicago, L.A. or London. It's worth every penny! "Wicked" is an utterly fantastic show--even your husband will love it!