• 26 June 2007
We spent a day in Napa on Monday and loved every minute of it. Heading over there on a weekday was the first good decision of the day. Thanks to a few good reads and recommendations, there were a few more.
1. Taking the back roads. Lake Berryessa is the most beautiful shade of blue.
2. Stopping by Oakville Grocery to pick up yummy food for a picnic lunch (and eating it outside under the huge oak tree)
3. Picking up a 24-piece box of chocolates at Woodhouse Chocolates in St. Helena, instead of the usual 6 or 12 piece I typically opt for.
4. Driving north to Calistoga to view the "Geyser". Talk about going back in time!
Wish We Had:
1. Made it to Boon Fly Cafe for donuts before 11 a.m.
2. Stayed for dinner in Napa...the traffic back home was horrendous.
3. More time.