• 14 May 2011
Update: Thank you so much for your interest! The workshop (and the next 6!) filled up in 12 minutes. We are in the process of emailing out forms and getting this party started! Aran and I appreciate your patience! Again, you'll hear back from us within 12 hours as to the status of your placement. In the meantime, we are scheming as to how to possibly host another workshop (or two) based on the overwhelming interest! Merci beaucoup!
Ready to whisk yourself (and your camera) away to the French countryside for an amazing rendezvous with Aran Goyoaga of the award-winning blog, Cannelle et Vanille? Oui? C'est magnifique! Now, prepare to take your food photography skills to a whole new level and have a whole lot of fun doing it!
The workshop includes 4 days of cooking, styling and photographing food in a stunning manoir nestled against a stone cliff overlooking the beautiful Dordogne river. The workshop will run from Sunday evening, October 2 through Thursday, October 6. We are intentionally keeping this workshop small and intimate, therefore providing the optimum experience possible for our guests.
Aran will share with you her process of procuring, styling and photographing food--all in a picturesque setting. Topics will include selecting and prepping ingredients, cooking and styling food for the camera, how to compose a shot, and how to communicate a story through props. Also on the docket is her philosophy on food photography, understanding your camera's manual settings and how to use your best source of natural light to create a mood.
The workshop fee of $1950/person covers 4 nights accommodations in a luxurious bed and breakfast, 4 gourmet breakfasts, 4 lunches, 1 dinner, transportation during the workshop*, 3 days of hands-on instruction with Aran and 1 day of sightseeing in the area. There is a supplemental charge of $400 if a single occupancy room is requested; keep in mind these are extremely limited.
* guests are required to transport themselves to and from the Dordogne; however, once you are at the workshop, you are welcome to utilize the transportation provided to and from markets, etc. if you wish.
HOW TO REGISTER:
1. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your intent to register for the workshop. Please include the following contact information: name, mailing address, email address, blog/professional website, and your preference for either double or single occupancy.
2. If/when we are able to place you, you'll receive an email from us with a little paperwork for you to sign and return. After paperwork is completed, you'll receive an email from us confirming the good news (!!!). If you are not able to secure your spot at this time, we will be sure to add your contact information to a waiting list.
3. If you are able to secure a spot in this workshop, and receive an email from us indicating so, then we will pass along a PayPal address for sending payment. A full payment, at this time, is required to secure your placement.
4. A detailed itinerary will be issued to the 6 participants via email within 48 hours of registration.
Looking forward to meeting you!
image via Tripadvisor--this is the manoir where guests will be staying