Salted caramel or double ginger? Butter pecan or baby coconut?
Being the treat lover I am, I was thrilled to stumble across a list of artisan creameries here in the West. I can't keep this kind of thing to myself so here is the list:
1. Bi-Rite Creamery & Bake Shop, San Francisco (Mission District)
2. Alottogelato (Portland)
3. Fairfax Scoop (Fairfax, CA)
4. Gelatiamo (Seattle)
5. Ici Ice Cream Made Here (Berkeley, CA)
6. Luv-It Frozen Custard (Las Vegas)
7. Mitchells Ice Cream (San Francisco)
8. Sketch Ice Cream (Berkeley, CA)
9. Sub-Zero Ice Cream (Orem, UT)
I began to feel bad as I read through the list....half of the listed creameries were in San Francisco or the East Bay and I didn't know about them when we lived there; but then the silver lining showed up. At the bottom of the list was a creamery in Utah. Hallelujah! I can't wait to try it when I get back.