Here are a few of my goals for the upcoming year...the ones I don't mind you knowing about anyway. The rest I'll keep to myself...I wouldn't want to reveal all my frailties now would I?
1. Stay on top of household laundry, i.e. not allow more than two--make that one, this is a goal after all--week of laundry to pile up at any given time.
2. Fold laundry after completion thus avoiding digging through piles of clean laundry in the laundry room that never quite made it upstairs.
3. Be more patient
4. Remember birthdays in a timely fashion
5. Listen more
6. Open an Etsy shop just for fun. I'd probably end up making 5 cents an hour if I actually sold anything but again, it would be fun...B. does not agree :)
7. Have all my Christmas preparations done before Thanksgiving
8. Be a better mother
9. Knock the socks off this 3rd-child-post-partum-blues thing goin' on
10. Smile more, laugh more and try to slip in a Brian Regan show somewhere along the way.
I think that's enough for 2008. Thankfully some of these go hand in hand in a way (i.e. #6, #9 and #10) so maybe I do have a fighting chance after all. I feel like I'm constantly setting goals for myself throughout the year but the fresh start of a brand new year does seem apropos for setting goals despite the fact it's overdone.
I wish you all a happy, healthy, productive, fun, inventive, new year. May this be the year you step outside your box a little bit more!