• 01 August 2011
(...make that August. Where did July go?)
My sister and I have made a pact to complete our Christmas preparations before Halloween this year. We both want to make the most of the months of November and December and see preemptive action as the only way to accomplish this! Last year our holiday season was a bit of a disappointment (long story) and it's important to me to make sure that doesn't happen again this year. I truly want to enjoy every minute.
Each year I have good intentions to be done with the bulk of my holiday planning early, but rarely am I successful. However, because my sister and I are doing this together, I feel like 2011 is the year I'm going to make this happen (the buddy system...it works I tell ya!). I'm already daydreaming of having extra time on hand to make gingerbread cookies, ride a sleigh with the kids, bake treats for friends and neighbors, and all sorts of other fun stuff.
Here is the start-planning-Christmas-in-July (errr August) to-do list I'm currently tackling:
1. procure skinny-wrap return address labels from Minted or a classic label from Tiny Prints
2. plan out gift giving and begin buying and/or making gifts
3. snag extra letterpress Christmas cards for a song over at Crane or Vandalia St. Press
4. address envelopes with one of my favorite pens and adhere holiday stamps
5. make Christmas music mixes; wrap using kraft brown packaging from Muji.
6. buy holiday dresses and ties for my children
7. scope out classic pajamas for the kids--I love gifting these on Christmas Eve.
What do you do to prepare for Christmas in advance? I've got to be missing a few things...
image by the lovely "dottie angel"