• 01 December 2011
Hello and Happy Friday! Are you ready for the weekend too? I am hoping to catch up on family time, cut a Christmas tree and get my house in order; although honestly sometimes it takes everyone being back to work/school on Monday until things really shape up :) Weekends aren't necessarily relaxing with 4 little kids, but as my friend Lesli's wise mother would say, "a change is as good as a rest". And that, my friends, is the theme of life isn't it?
Here are a few things I want to note today, as we sail into the first weekend in December (!!):
1. Remember the makeup post where I shared what I use and you shared what you love too? Did I tell you I took your mascara tips and haven't looked back? Anyway, I still feel like the only 30-something female that doesn't know how to properly apply makeup, so I very much appreciated the somewhat recent GOOP newsletter about applying makeup, Gabrielle's post about makeup insider tips and Bobbi Brown's 10-step video on applying makeup. Her line of makeup is my favorite.
2. Best.advent.calendar.roundup.ever. So it's the 2nd day of December and you don't have an advent calendar up and running...who cares? You could whip up one of these fabulous versions by tomorrow and enjoy 3 chocolates in one day. Sweet!
3. Have you seen Bonnie Tsang's recently updated portfolio? It's outstanding. She is one of the most talented photographers I've spotted and has a real knack for capturing any subject in a beautiful way.
4. Lands End Canvas is having a great sale now...lots of cute things if you prefer a casual chic look :)
5. Are you trying to purchase more handmade gifts this year? If so then take a peek at Danyelle's recent offerings. In her shop, you'll find little treats you won't find elsewhere like this simply modern, chevron cross-stitch kit. I see a mommy-daughter project on the horizon...I used to love to cross-stitch as a young girl!
6. Many thanks to Babble for placing me in their Top 50 Design Mom blogs...super exciting! I'm particularly tickled about being #2 in the "home" category. It means a lot! And while we are on the subject of home design, I have another "Real Life Home" to introduce you to on Monday. You're going to love it!
7. Susan over at Fleurishing asked me to participate in her Proust Q+A series this week...you can peek here.
Have a great weekend! Thanks again for your support, comments and good vibes. xo
image 1 by Bonnie Tsang / image 2 - Mes Poulettes flickr