In case you haven't seen "The 7 Rules of Life" floating around on Facebook...
These are fantastic reminders and I simply couldn't resist sharing here. I've outlined them below, with a few personal notes added in parentheses. I personally believe that #1 is the most difficult. What do you guys think?
1. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
2. What others think of you is none of your business (and may I add, 'not worth your precious mental energy').
3. Time heals almost everything. Give it time.
4. Don't compare your life to others and don't judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about (more on this here).
5. Stop thinking too much. It's alright to not know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it (most likely when meditating/praying, on a walk, in the shower, or driving your car).
6. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you (this is a tough one as the "victim trap" is ever so tantalizing...but alas this rule is true I believe!).
7. Smile. You don't own all the problems in the world :)
If anyone knows the source, please share. I have not been able to locate an original source; image by me, Stephanie Brubaker