• 02 October 2009
Today marks the end of our first week home. Pfew....we made it! The jet-lag lingers still, but we are on the up and up and back to "business as usual" for the most part; unless you take into consideration that I didn't shower a few days this week (not normal) and that if I did it was past noon (also not normal) and that I didn't cook a whole lot (again, not normal!). I suppose all of this is to be expected though..we were gone over 3 months, some of us 4 months. I am looking forward to feeling more myself and am optimistic that will happen pretty soon.
Some things that cheered me up this week:
1. Design Mom asking me to write a pregnancy memory for her blog...did you hear her good news? That woman is uh-mazing.
2. Picking tomatoes from my garden. Anyone who knows me can attest that this is truly a miracle. Apparently, even those of us with black thumbs can grow vegetables.
3. Being a "Featured Mama" on Today's Mama
4. Consuming lots of cake samples at Tulie Bakery
5. More fun comments to read on Design*Sponge regarding La Maisonnette; is there anyone who doesn't love reading nice comments? :)
6. Unpacking and assembling birthday and a few Christmas gifts with goodies from France. I missed a lot of birthdays this summer and it's time to play a little catch up!
7. A couple honeymooned at La Maisonnette this week and enjoyed themselves immensely.
8. Crisp, cool Fall weather is fast approaching in my neck of the woods. Love it! Time to pull out the sweaters :)
9. My 4-year-old son has made the funniest comments this week. He's really on a roll and I am madly trying to document everything that comes out of his mouth. A few examples, "Mommy, what do dinosaurs say for cockledoodledoo?" and "I like to let my balloons go up in the sky so that Jesus has balloons for his parties" and last, "I want to go to Egypt because that is where all the poor people in the world are and I need to feed them".
10. Bumping into blog readers Marlo + Becca at Bruges Waffles & Frites. Lovely gals...
11. Preparing more "before + after" images to share with you next week. I get such a kick out of the differences and seriously can't believe we were crazy enough to take on such a project! It's probably good we didn't know what we were getting into :)