With Spring in the air, and a few months of being home bound, these past few days of sunshine have done nothing but get me in the mood for a trip. It's a good thing I've been saving up for one because this girl is desperate to plan a getaway. In the meantime, I am feeling nostalgic for France (as made evident by my previous post), since we've spent most of our vacations there in the past decade together.
Anyone else feeling a little wanderlust too?
1. After spotting wild blackberries flanking the little road we found ourselves on, we pulled over so I could grab a few for the kiddos and I. For some reason the husband found this comical so he took a picture.
2. Gorgeous red currants for 1€ per banquette; even with a horrible exchange rate it's still a great deal. They are almost impossible to find in the States (at least in my experience). I've tried growing them in our yard, but the bush hasn't yielded a single currant sadly...probably due to either my black thumb or the desert climate :(
3. How can I forget this sweet little man with the gorgeous haricots verts and his Medieval scale?
4. Sunflowers are just h-a-p-p-y.
5. The seamless mix of old and new made me rethink decorating as a whole.
6. The time my husband gave each of the 3 kids their own ice cream (the French version of the "push up"), in the car, on a hot day, while I spent 30 minutes in a shop. It was the only time during our month-long stay I was able to shop and based on the state of my children, their clothes, and the rental car upon my return, it was a good thing I didn't head out solo more often (I think we used an entire container of baby wipes). The "after" photo would've been more fun to see than the "before" (above), but some of you may be able to use your imagination here!
7. Blue skies in Paris...what a treat (!!!!)