Since our Christmas will be very simple this year (the best kind in my book), I am hoping for more time to bake, celebrate and gift and watch holiday movies! Less time shopping = more time to relish in the holiday spirit. We recently watched "Dan in Real Life" and I was again reminded how much I love that movie, especially during the holidays for some reason. Now, this isn't a "holiday" movie per se, rather, it feels appropriate for this time of year as there is a heavy emphasis on family relationships and supporting one another. It's also humorous, and there's no doubt we could all use a little comedic relief in between all the holiday hoopla. Plus, what's not love about Juliette Binoche and Steve Carell?
I've created a tidy list of movies that I love watching during the holidays. Feel free to add your own picks in the comments. I would love to hear what your favorites are as well!
1. Charlie Brown Christmas - remember watching this when you were little? Well, it's still cute. We bring it out each year (I even store it with the Christmas decorations).
2. It's a Wonderful Life - a good reminder to be good, loyal + generous in all aspects of life.
3. Miracle on 34th Street - the sweetest Santa Clause ever. He will always be real in our home.
4. White Christmas - my sisters and I love watching this together (we loved singing the "Sisters, Sisters" song as kids). It makes me want to hole up in a country inn somewhere in New England for Christmas. Someday perhaps.
After the Kids are in Bed:
6. The Family Man - puts life in perspective and what it's all about. It's certainly not money or material possessions.
7. Edward Scissorhands - all that silently falling snow seems so perfect for Christmas, and winter in general. It's been awhile since I watched this, but it's on my list this year. Time to update the Netflix queue!